If you are looking for some help with your LLC creation, you have probably already noticed that there are a lot of differnt options.
Many entrepreneurs and small business owners are not comfortable forming their own Limited Liability Company so they turn to a business formation service for help.
Hiring an attorney to fomr your LLC can be really expensive and the DIY route is certainly not for everyone!
There are many reliable and affordable business formation services out there that can take care of the entire proccess for you at a fraction of the price!
Today we are going to cover the 7 best LLC services and highlight what makes them stand out from the rest.
Here are the 7 Best LLC Services of 2022:
1. Zen Business
Zen Business definitely takes the top of the list as the overall best value LLC formation service provider.
Since they opened their doors in 2015, this Texas based company has helped form thousands of businesses nationwide.
They not only have the numbers to prove their success, but the positive reviews to back it up.
Key Highlights of ZenBusiness:
- ZenBusiness offers the best value package compared to its competitors. Their $49 starter package will form your LLC and include free registered agent for 12 months. It also includes a customizable operating agreement as well as an assessment from one of their in-house accounting professionals.
- Worry Free Guarantee – the Pro Package includes what they call their “Worry Free Guarantee” which takes care of all of your annual reporting, filings, and any other ongoing LLC maintenance tasks.
- They have over 4,700 positive customer reviews and are known for their excellent customer service and support.
- ZenBusiness partners with Kiva.org and donates a portion of their profits to help bring women and minority owned businesses succeed.
For an affordable LLC formation service that gets the job done and is socially responsible, Zen Business is the right choice for you.
Don’t let the second place position fool you, IncFile is another top rated LLC formation service that we proudly recommend.
Their starter package is just $0 + state fee and is a great option if you need a quick, basic LLC formation service or are on a tight budget.
IncFile has more than 250,000 formed businesses under their belt since starting in 2004.
Key Highlights of IncFile:
- Affordable started package costs $0 + State Fee and includes a Free Registered Agent Service for a year.
- Customer reviews rave about their quick and efficient formation service (they have over 16,000 customer reviews online).
- Lots of customer service and support options such as e-mail, chat, and phone support 24/7.
Don’t a tight budget stop you from using a formation service to form your LLC, IncFile will do it for free + State Fee and throw in a free registered agent for a year.
Just keep in mind that the lower price point does come with pretty aggressive up-sells.
3. Northwest Registered Agent
If premium customer support is non-negotiable for you, then Northwest Registered Agent shines for their stellar customer service and support.
Although their price is a little higher than Zen Business and IncFile, it is still not unreasonable and lower than some of its other competitors.
Key Highlights of Northwest Registered Agent:
- As mentioned above, Northwest Registered Agent ranks highest in Customer Service and Support
- Their formation package is $225 and includes one year free registered agent and premium customer service.
- Northwest Registered Agent is committed to customer service and so they have zero up-sells which makes the formation process so much smoother and straightforward.
- They are the only formation service that keeps all customer documents locally scanned on their customers behalf.
For premium level service, Northwest Registered Agent is the choice and you certainly get what you pay for.
4. Inc Authority
Inc Authority is another formation service that offers a free $0 formation package + state fee.
They’ve been around since 1989 and have formed over 130,000 business entities.
Although users have said that their platform is a little outdated and isn’t as intuitive, they are still worth mentioning for those that are on a tighter budget.
Key Highlights of Inc Authority:
- For the very basic formation services (no add-ons), they will setup your business and receive one year free registered agent service.
- Their next package starts at $399 which is much pricier than other formation services, so keep that in mind if you need additional services. Their free, basic formation package is the only worth it winner out of their offerings.
- They have over 4,500 reviews online and nearly all of them are positive which is pretty impressive.
Inc Authority offers zero refunds so you will want o make sure you know what you need before making a purchase.
As long as you pay for your state fee, Inc Authority is the only other formation sernice besides IncFile that offers LLC formation for free.
LegalZoom has become a popular name because of their massive marketing campaigns.
Not only do they provide legal services, but their LLC formation services have gained a following over time.
The company claims to have helped more than 1.6 million entrepreneurs and small business owners with their LLCs and businesses through their top-notch attorney services.
LegalZoom is a middle range LLC formation service meaning they are not the most expensive, but they aren’t the cheapest either.
Key Highlights of LegalZoom:
- They started Business formation package costs $149 + State Fee.
- LegalZoom has a satisfaction guarantee for its customers and they offer a 100% money-back guarantee to the customers within a month of the original purchase.
- The LegalZoom customer service and support are available 7 days a week.Moreover, LegalZoom has long customer service hours on both weekdays and weekends, which differentiates it from other options online.
6. Rocket Lawyer
Rocket Lawyer is similar to LegalZoom in that is also offers online legal services along with a LLC formation.
If you anticipate the need for ongoing legal needs, Rocket Lawyer has a membership structure that is affordable for those that will use it.
Key Highlights of Rocket Lawyer:
- Their membership plans give you access to LLC formation, huge document library, attorney consultations, and more.
- Rocket Lawyer takes pride in their 100% satisfaction guarantee policy. If for any reason a customer is not satisfied within 30 days, they will either address and fix the issue and refund their money back.
Rocket Lawyer may not have as much brand power as Legal Zoom but they have served over 7 million businesses and over 30 million total customers since opening in 2008.
7. MyCompany Works
For a smaller company feel, MyCompany Works does a great job.
They have formed over 60,000 businesses since 2001 and like to make each customer feel taken care of.
With over 3,400 positive reviews online, they prove that being a smaller company doesn’t necessarily mean they aren’t as good.
Key Highlights of MyCompany Works:
- Their base formation package starts at $79 + state fee which doesn’t make them the cheapest but they aren’t the most expensive either. Just keep in mind that they do not offer free registered agent for a year like some of the others mentioned above.
- MyCompany Works has a really quick customer response turnaround and usually reply to calls or e-mails within 20 minutes (during business hours).
- They created what they call a Startup Wizard LLC which is a checklist to help business owners know how to navigate the formation process without missing any crucial steps.
MyCompany Works may not have as many features or options as some of the others mentioned here but they are reliable, have quick turnaround times, and a consistently good track record.
Choosing the Right LLC Service for your Business
As you an see, there are several solid LLC service providers for forming your LLC.
After reading through our list of top LLC Services you, you still may not be sure which option is best for you.
If we had to choose the top two LLC service providers from this list to recommend to our own friends and family, we would recommend Zen Business and IncFile.
Both of these LLC service providers have proven track records for success, great customer service, and they are affordable.
They not only offer the best value but include Free Registered Agent for a year, which is required with any LLC formation.
Keep in mind that these services don’t only form LLCs, they can form any business entity or business structure type such as LLC (limited liability company), general partnership, sole proprietor, C Corporation, non profit organization, etc.
They check all the boxes for what business owners look for when forming a business and are intuitive and user friendly.
For the best overall value, we recommend ZenBusiness for your LLC formation and for the most affordable option without skimping on the registered agent service, we recommend IncFile.
Both of these companies are solid choices and have made the top of our list year after year.
If you anticipate the need for other business services like legal service, you may want to choose LegalZoom or Rocket Lawyer.
Pro’s and Con’s of LLC Formation Services
There are not a-lot of cons to using an LLC formation service.
In fact, we usually recommend that business owners use them when first forming their LLCs.
It is important to setup your business entity correctly from the beginning to avoid any legal or tax issues later down the road.
- For first time business owners, they take care of all of the legalities, paperwork, and filings for you so that you don’t have to worry about missing an important step.
- Most LLC formation services have a dashboard or some sort of system to alert you of any filing deadlines regarding your LLC.
- Most of them offer free registered agent service for a year with even their basic package.
- If you setup your own LLC and run into issues, you have to contact the State directly which could take hours. LLC formation services have customer service specialists that can answer your questions and help navigate the process.
- Hiring an attorney to form your LLC and offer legal advice can be really expensive. An LLC service offers a more affordable option for LLC formation as well as legal advice and consultation.
- LLC filing services will help you obtain your EIN which is required for filing taxes, opening a business bank account, etc.
- They offer expedited filing if needed
- Starting your own LLC and going to DIY route is cheaper if you have the time and knowledge
- If your LLC formation is more complex, you may need to hire an LLC lawyer for additional insight.
What to Look for in a Good LLC Formation Service
Pricing and Features
Each LLC service provider is gong to have their own pricing plans and features.
You want to look for the ones that offer the best value packages – in other words, the most features for your money.
When choosing an LLC service, look to see if they offer the free registered agent for a year, otherwise you have to pay for that in addition to your formation package.
A registered agent service can cost $125, so having it included in your formation package is going to save you a lot of money.
Additionally, beware of up-sells.
Many of the cheaper formation service providers are going to up-sell you and each additional add-on can end up costing you a lot more in the end.
Some of the larger LLC formation providers focus more on volume rather than the customer experience.
You may have questions and concerns about your LLC formation and so you will want to work with a company that has a good customer service track record.
Being able to call, e-mail, or reach a customer service representative is important.
Read reviews and see what other customers had to say about their customer service experience.
After reading reviews and checking the BBB ratings, you will be able to decide if the LLC formation service you are looking into is reliable or not.
Do they have a proven track record of successfully forming businesses, offering legal advice, and following through on services?
Any of the LLC formation services listed here are reliable and trustworthy, so you don[‘t have to worry about this one with any on our list.
Some LLC providers offer some sort of refund policy or at least say that they will fix any issues if a customer is not satisfied.
This says a-lot about their commitment to their customer satisfaction.
You can usually find the refund policy on their business website.
Can I form my own LLC without using a business formation service?
Yes, you can always form your own business.
In fact, many entrepreneurs choose the DIY route.
However, there are also many entrepreneurs and small business owners that aren’t as knowledgeable about the requirements of forming your own business and want to make sure it is done correctly.
The requirements for forming and LLC vary from state to state but usually you need provide them with some basic information about yourself and your business.
You will need to choose a business name, create your Articles of Organization, designate a registered agent, obtain an employer identification number (EIN), and create an operating agreement, etc.
Once your business is formed, you will need to keep track of any annual or biennial filing deadlines for the future.
An LLC formation service will do all of this for you as well as any ongoing maintenance and support and legal advice should you need it.
How do online LLC formation services work?
It is actually very simple and removes the hassle of having to figure it out on your own.
All you need to do is provide them with some basic information about you and your business such as your name, business name, location, and industry.
You will choose an llc formation package and they will then create your articles of organization and file them with your state to legally form your new LLC.
They can also obtain an EIN for you and any additional service that you may need such as creating your LLC operating agreement.
Are online LLC formation service websites legitimate?
Any LLC formation websites we recommend on our site are going to be legitimate, legal and entirely trustworthy.
Should I be concerned about my privacy when using an online LLC service?
As long as you know who you are working with and have at least looked them up online, then we feel like there are actually less risks to using a formation service than doing it yourself.
These companies guarantee that your business will be formed correctly and will address any issue should they arise.
What is the State Filing Fee?
Each state has a fee for filing a business and that fee is always included in addition to any pricing plans an LLC service will offer.
This is you you will see pricing like “$39 + State Fee,” for example.
Each state is going to have a different filing fee and it ranges anywhere from $40 – $200 or more.
What is a registered agent?
A registered agent is an individual or entity who is legally able to receive service of process notices, government correspondence and compliance-related legal document on behalf of the LLC.
Legally, you are allowed to serve as your own registered agent but we strongly recommend using a registered agent service.
A registered agent service protects your personal privacy, cuts down on your junk mail, and ensures that you never miss an important delivery.